Adult Education, Literacy and ESL programs serve learners who are older than 20 who need Adult Basic Education (ABE), Literacy and English as a Second Language (ESL) skills, want to earn their high school diploma (High School Completion (HSC), prepare for and take the General Education Development test (GED), and/or need life skills necessary to transition to postsecondary education and career training programs, and the world of work.
MACAE offers Adult Education Professionals:
- Training and professional development as identified by leaders in the field,
- The Enrichment, Recreation and After School Advisory Group, an ongoing forum for education, enrichment and recreational professionals to exchange promising practices and find solutions to shared problems,
- Strong grassroots advocacy and a voice before state and national policy makers in pursuit of effective policy that addresses the unique lifelong learning and recreational needs of all age groups in our communities.
- Timely updates on national and state policy, program requirements, funding, research and partnership opportunities, and
- Opportunities to meet, interact with and become leaders in their field.
Adult Education Advisory Group
The MACAE Adult Education Advisory Group meets each month to discuss the latest issues of our members. All adult education practitioners are invited to join the discussions.
107 Boilerplate DRAFT
Summary of 107 changes
MACAE Adult Education Legislative Platform
MACAE 2011/12 Legislative Platform - Adult Education
MACAE 2010/11 Legislative Platform - Adult Education
MACAE 2007 Legislative Platform - Adult Educationh PDF File
Links from the State of Michigan Workforce Development Agency Education and Career Success
ESL Survey Snapshot ESL Professional Advisory Committee Workforce Development Agency 2011-2012
Snapshot of Adult Education Participants 2010-11
Resources on the World Wide Web
For more information, visit their website.